OpenWork Ltd website
- Geodata.nz catalogue
- Geospatial data catalogue which harvests from multiple catalogues like the old Geodata.gov. Serves as a testbed for catalogue and metadata improvements.
- Odysseus web browser
- Developed by Adrian Cochrane of OpenWork for elementary OS and to help people rely less on centralized webservices for (re)discovering webpages.
- Rhapsode web browser/voice assistant
- Developed by Adrian Cochrane of OpenWork to show how The Web can target new mediums.
- Lightweight geospatial analysis using the Discrete Global Grid Systems standards.
- NZ OSS
- Hosted for the New Zealand Open Source Society by Catalyst Cloud in NZ.
- Because most software developers have an account there.
- International standardization in the field of digital geographic information.
- Contains links to resources for accessing and using models and schemas from the ISO/TC211 Standards.
- The ISO/TC 211 Multi-Lingual Glossary of Terms has been compiled from International Standards developed by ISO/TC 211.
- Provides background information on geospatial standardization: a standard and different types of standards are defined; the development and implementation of standards are described; and key standards bodies for fundamental geospatial datasets are introduced.
- Geodetic registry
- Structured database of coordinate reference systems and transformations that is accessible through this on-line registry system.
- GeoNetwork Metadata plugins
- Precompiled GeoNetwork plugin schemas for v3.6.
- Installing GeoNetwork
- Instructions for how to install GeoNetwork 3.4.4 on a Debian server.
More cool stuff!
- Paul Ramsey's blog & talks
- Excellent writing and presentations on GIS, open source software, and business models from a founder of the PostGIS spatial database.
- Local-first software
- Explores ideals for professional and creative software that have the ability to work offline and collaborate across multiple devices, while also improving the security, privacy, long-term preservation, and user control of data.
- Low Tech Magazine
- An off-the-grid solar-powered blog that explores issues around energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.